We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st April 2011.
Last Updated: 25 March 2021
What we collect
We collect analytical information about your visit to this website, the resources and pages you use.
We collect the information you provide when you fill in a form, whether this is the contact form, making a purchase or signing up for our newsletter.
Depending on what you do on our website we may collect and store the following information:
- Personal information – this can include your name, postal address, phone number and email address,
Why we need your information
We require your information in order to:
- To respond to any query you may make
- Process any orders and provide you with your purchases
- To send information we believe you may find useful about our products
- To send you monthly updates of our newsletter if you have subscribed
- To provide statistical analysis of website traffic
- For our internal record keeping
- To provide you with further information about our services or events we are involved in (but only if you have signed up for marketing updates)
You can unsubscribe from all updates at any time, either by using the unsubscribe feature on the newsletter or by emailing email@example.com.
What we do with the information we gather
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The digital information you provide to us is stored within our secure servers based within a secure UK hosting environment.
As we also use third party software, MailChimp, for managing your marketing communications, your data is also held within their secure systems for which they have certified compliance to both the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework since 2016.
We will not share, in any way, your information with any third party outside of those employed directly by Arelle.
How long we keep your information
We keep your personal information only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
If you have consented to be kept up to date on our marketing activities, we will keep your information until that time when you unsubscribe from our notifications.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Ask us to correct the information we hold about you if it is inaccurate
- Ask us to delete the personal information that we hold about you;
- Ask not to process your personal information for direct marketing and promotional purposes;
- Ask to obtain and reuse your data for your own personal use with other services;
- To object to the way we are processing your personal information;
- To prevent automated profiling and decision making in relation to your data.
If would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Arelle and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Arelle takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.